Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette is pretty much my go-to salad dressing when I don't use the store-bought stuff. Yes, there are quite a few variations of Balsamic Vinaigrette out there but I usually like it simple. The dressing really doesn't take long to mix at all, and you only need a few ingredients.
Woooops!! Oh well, this is kinda cool looking.
Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup of olive oil
- optional: 1 tbsp of Italian blend herbs
- In low heat, pour balsamic vinegar into a sauce pan. Add Dijon mustard and brown sugar.
- Stir with a whisk until sugar is melted. Then add salt and pepper.
- In a slow and thin stream, add olive oil. Whisk rapidly where oil hits the vinegar.
- As your vinaigrette thickens, taste to see if you need to either add more vinegar or oil.
- It's normal if the vinegar and oil separate. You may stir it again just before serving.
TIP: Bottle the dressing and store in the fridge. A few shakes should help vinegar and oil blend together more.