Green Beans and Walnuts with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 2/3 cup walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- Remove peel from lemon with vegetable peeler and cut into very fine strips.
- Cut lemon in half. Squeeze enough juice to measure 2 tablespoons; transfer to small bowl. Whisk in mustard, then oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook green beans in pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain; pat dry. Combine beans, walnuts, and lemon peel strands in large bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat. Season salad to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
This recipe is adopted from Bon Appetit.