I normally like to cook with fresh ingredients, and try to avoid things that come in a can. Making salsa during the non-summer days is tricky though since tomatoes aren't in season. If you are craving for homemade salsa and the tomatoes aren't looking good at the store, no worries! Dig into this easy salsa and you'll be very pleased.
Whenever I buy any can foods, I always make sure I get the ones with no added salt or has low sodium. For this salsa, I also added mango and agave nectar just to add some sweetness to it.
Perfect way to use your food processor or blender.
- 1 14.5oz can of diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1 14.5oz can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 mango, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Handful of cilantro
- Chop onion and mango. Cut jalapeño in halves (keep the seeds if you like).
- Juice the lime into a bowl, set aside.
- Depends on how big your food processor is, you might want to divid the recipe in halves when loading everything in the container.
- Chop for about 8 seconds and you're done!