Chip a.k.a. Chippers, Chippy, Chipapa. He's such a happy little guy. This 8-month-old puppy can go through treats like it's his job. A couple days ago I decided to make him some simple homemade dog treats. I hate that some dog treats are made with ingredients that I can't even pronounce. Dog treats should be simple and high in nutrition. This is a really simple recipe and Chip seems to like it a lot. It's puppy-approved! :)
Simple Homemade Dog Treats
Prep time: 25 mins Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 45 mins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 (4 oz.) baby food*
- Combine and mix the 2 ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle some flour on the table and work the dough into a ball form. (It should feel like a pizza dough)
- Whip out your rolling pin and flatten the dough down to about ¼" thick.
- Cut out shapes using cookie cutters or a pizza cutter.
- Place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
*I get the Earth's Best brand because of its wholesome ingredients: Water, organic carrots, organic apples, organic ground turkey, organic whole barley flour.